Update on Wear and Remove Face mask Today – The covid 19 crisis has taken the whole world by surprise, Lives has been lost, people are going through one of the toughest times in history, billions of people are in lock down and global economies are shutdown, All because of a virus that has no cure yet and it is very contagious.
Wear and Remove Face mask
Measures has been put in place to curtail the spread of the virus some of tose measure like educating people to know the symptoms of corona virus and what to do next when they have those symptoms, basic protective measures against corona virus and when to where a face mask.
This article is going to enlighten you on how to properly wear a face mask, this is very important because some people has been infected because they did not know the proper way of wearing face mask.
When should a face mask be worn
The panic has made many people to wear face mask even when there is no need to. Consider wearing a face mask when you are sick with a cough or sneezing illness (with or without fever) and you expect to be around other people.
The face mask will help protect them from catching your illness. Also as a health care worker attending to sick people the importance of wearing a face mask can or be overemphasized. Healthcare settings have specific rules for when people should wear face masks.
How to put on and remove a face mask
There is a mode for you to wear and remove a face mask, disposable face masks should be in use once and then thrown in the trash. Avoid wearing the mask for too long. You should also remove and replace masks when they become moist.
Most mask carry instructions on how to use them, always follow product instructions on use and storage of the mask, and procedures for how to put on and remove a mask. If instructions for putting on and removing the mask are not available, then follow the steps below.
Now, we proceed on the best steps to Wear and Remove Face mask,
How to Properly wear a face mask
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask.
- Remove a mask from the box and make sure there are no obvious tears or holes in either side of the mask.
- Determine which side of the mask is the top. The side of the mask that has a stiff bendable edge is the top and is meant to mold to the shape of your nose.
- Determine which side of the mask is the front. The colored side of the mask is usually the front and should face away from you, while the white side touches your face.
- Follow the instructions below for the type of mask you are using.
- Face Mask with Ear loops: Hold the mask by the ear loops. Place a loop around each ear.
- Face Mask with Ties: Bring the mask to your nose level and place the ties over the crown of your head and secure with a bow.
- Face Mask with Bands: Hold the mask in your hand with the nose piece or top of the mask at fingertips, allowing the headbands to hang freely below hands. Bring the mask to your nose level and pull the top strap over your head so that it rests over the crown of your head. Pull the bottom strap over your head so that it rests at the nape of your neck.
- Mold or pinch the stiff edge to the shape of your nose.
- If using a face mask with ties: Then take the bottom ties, one in each hand, and secure with a bow at the nape of your neck.
- Pull the bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin.
How to properly remove a face mask
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask.Avoid touching the front of the mask. The front of the mask is contaminate(d). Only touch the ear loops/ties/band.Follow the instructions below for the type of mask you are using.
- Face Mask with Ear loops: Hold both of the ear loops and gently lift and remove the mask.
- Face Mask with Ties: Untie the bottom bow first then untie the top bow and pull the mask away from you as the ties are loosened.
- Next, Face Mask with Bands: Lift the bottom strap over your head first then pull the top strap over your head.
- Throw the mask in the trash. Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
How Do You Spot A Fake and Real Face Mask
Hope you have seen the proper way of wearing and removing a face mask. Make sure you adopt these measures to prevent getting infected from carelessness. I know this article was helpful to you, if you have any questions use the comments box below and we will get back to you.