Generation Google Scholarship: Every scholar out there would like to take up a scholarship that will help improve their academic portfolio and also increase their chances of getting more job opportunities, therefore becoming a scholarship holder with google is just one of the amazing things you can ever have as a student because you tend to gain more benefits and also explore the country’s research facilities. The scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields.
Overview of the Generation Google Scholarship
Google is a unique body that believes information should be universally and easily accessible. Her (Google) education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology.
Each year, the Generation Google Scholarship Program is available for the United States and Canadian students.
The scholarship will be granted on the basis of academic performance, diversity, leadership qualities, and equity. The scholarship amount is meant to be spent on books, academic-related expenses, and tuition fees.
Furthermore, all students will be able to support their studies and get updated knowledge in the field of computer science. All aspiring students will be exploring new technology and groom themselves as good professionals.
Eligibility candidates must enroll or will be enrolling for an undergraduate program in computer science.
Candidate Beneficial process (Generation Google Scholarship)
The Generation Google Scholarship was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada).
Furthermore, as part of the scholarship, current high school seniors who are entering their first year of university will be required to attend Google’s Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI) in the summer.
A candidate needs to attach the scanned documents
- General background information
- Academic transcripts
- Responses to two short essays
- An example of leadership experience should be provided.
- Google Online Challenge (will be sent 5-7 working days after the application deadline)
- All documents must be submitted in PDF format.
A candidate who would avail of the Generation Google Scholarship for international students will get $1,000 USD for the school year of 2022-2023.
- A candidate will be receiving the award in his or her home country university.
Sponsored By (Generation Google Scholarship)
- Undergraduate Full-Part students
Field of Study
- Computer Science-related field.
Top Benefits of Generation Google Scholarship
- USD $1000 will be awarded to the scholar towards tuition fees, books, and academic expenses.
Eligible Countries (Generation Google Scholarship)
- Southeast Asia
- Sri Lanka
The program is open to qualified undergraduate and graduate students who meet the above criteria.
However, just like we mention earlier, they encourage students from historically underrepresented groups, including blacks / African Americans, Hispanics / Latinos, American Indians, or Filipino / Hawaiian to apply.
Scholarship Worth (Generation Google Scholarship)
Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2021 school year.
Generation Google Scholarship Program Eligibility and Criteria
Below are the eligibility criteria and key points for every scholar, however it is categorized into current, and high school seniors.
Generation Google Scholarship for Current University Students
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
Generation Google Scholarship for Current High School Seniors (Generation Google Scholarship)
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
The Generation Google Scholarship Program Application Process
Current University Students
You will be asked to complete the CSSI online application which includes:
Current High School Seniors
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
Selection Process (Generation Google Scholarship)
Google will communicate the scholarship selection in June. Acceptance into CSSI does not automatically grant you a scholarship as there is a different selection process for scholarship recipients.
Furthermore, they will notify you if you have been granted the scholarship separately from the CSSI decision. It is possible to receive the scholarship but not get into the CSSI program and vice versa or you could even get both!!
Please note, that you will find out if they gave you the scholarship at a different time than CSSI. However, the most important timeline for scholarship notifications will be June.
Finally, Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Terms and Conditions of the Scholarship
The following are some of the terms and condition of the Generation Google scholarship
- The Generation Google Scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees and books. Also, must be spent on supplies and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university.
- Furthermore, scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students the academic year.
- However, note. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected.
- Also all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student. And this is to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses.
- Additionally, the scholarship will be withheld for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements.
- Also, the scholarship will be revoked for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
- Furthermore, selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award. Thus, failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award.
- In addition to that, recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year. However, this is from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google.
- Also, Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Additionally, persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.