The Eye of The Earth - We Unveil

Work and Study Visa Sponsorship For Internship In USA for 2021 Applicants

Do you want to further your studies in USA while working? or you want to gain a special skill in your area of study through internship programs? Are you financially unstable and need Work and Study visa sponsorship? Here, is a breakdown on how you can get internship in USA.

Now, we Proceed with the application process … You can Proceed Now!!!

Available Work and Study US Visa Sponsorship

The j1 American visa is the answer to all these questions. This type of visa is known as the Exchange Visitor (J) non-immigrant visa. It is specially designed for work and study Visa program in the United states. The beneficiaries are research scholars, professors, Interns, Trainees, Physicians, Specialist and other fields of art and culture that requires a special training that is not obtainable in your home country.

J1 visa is similar to the F1 visa as two of them can allow you to work while you are studying. However, the difference lies in their financial support or sponsorship. The J1 visa allows financial support through a sponsor whereas the F1 is solely on the shoulder of the applicant.

Nevertheless, if you are a medical practitioner looking for a way to migrate to USA, it is easier for you to enter through internship visa type (J1 visa) rather than the H1b or work permit type of visa.

Eligibility for Internship in USA with J1 visa

  • The student must be a foreign student who is currently pursuing a degree program in his country
  • Or who have graduated not more than 12 months prior to their exchange visitor program start date.
  • A Transcript certificate for graduates
  • Certificate from institution attended (if a graduate)
  • Certificate of English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, CPE etc.)
  • A designated sponsor that is ready to enroll you in their program
  • Program fees as stipulated by your sponsor
  • SEVIS I-901 fees and visa fees
  • Medical insurance ( this may be given to you by your sponsor)

What is Visa Sponsorship?

Visa sponsorship simply means a company or someone from the country you are visiting agreeing to take full responsibility of your stay in the country. The sponsor may be a friend, your spouse or an organization that may wish you work for them.

In addition, it is the duty of your sponsor to provide you with shelter, job and other financial support. Therefore, a J1 applicant will only be taken through a legitimate sponsor that is active in your home country.

How to Apply for Internship in USA

Follow the steps below if you are trying to get an internship  program or training in USA. Click the application below to see options for sponsors that can help you with your visa.

Step 1. Get a sponsor (Work and Study Visa Sponsorship)

The first step is to find a sponsor that can allow you into their program. Each of the sponsors have their criteria for selecting students into their program. But, it is important that you do well with your English proficiency test since it is a prerequisite used by many sponsors to select their candidates.

For your Internship in USA, you can start on this Sponsor database to search for the list of sponsors.

Step 2. Fill the DS-2019 form

The DS-2019 from is a document that is issued to you by your designated sponsor. It is known as the “Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status” and contains information regarding your sponsor, you and the type of program you enroll into.

This form serves as a means of applying for interview with US embassy or consulate. Also, if you have a spouse or a dependent following you to US, they will be given their own DS-2019 form under J2 type of visa.

You can learn how to apply for the DS-2019 form below.

Step 3. Pay up your fees (Work and Study Visa Sponsorship)

You will be required to pay a SEVIS I-901 fee to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as part of your J-1 visa application. However, some sponsor organizations takes care of this bill for the candidates in their program. Therefore, you have to confirm first from your sponsor before going ahead with the payment.

Another fee that is required is the Non immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee which is $160 . This fee is paid to the State Department services.

All the receipt for the fees are to be taken to the embassy during interview. However, if your sponsor happen to pay any of the fees, make sure to collect the receipts before the interview.

Step 4. prepare for Interview with a U.S. Embassy or Consulate

This is the final but the delicate step in getting a j1 visa for internship in USA. The US embassy has the right to deny you visa even when you already have a sponsor.

The first part of this Phase is to present the consulate or embassy with the required documents. The documents includes;

  • One (1) 2×2 photograph
  • DS 2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status
  • A Training/Internship Placement Plan, Form DS-7002
  • Online Non immigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160
  • A valid passport for travel to the U.S

The second part is the interview with the consulate. The applicant is to be clear when presenting the need for his program and also try to convince the consulate that he is willing to leave the country once the internship program is over.

You can also learn more on how to apply for Internship in USA by visiting the United states Embassy website.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.