We are an online Publishing company that provides information about Governmental and Non-Governmental assistance benefits (Sponsorship Programs on Scholarship, Jobs and Immigration Gateways), Insurance, Finance, Real Estate and Entrepreneur... USA , Canada , UK, Australia and The Worldwide For International Opportunities Programs.
WASCAL Master’s Scholarship: A scholarship for All International Students from ECOWAS countries
The WASCAL Master’s scholarship is for all international students from ECOWAS countries to help them improve in their academic performance and learning skills. If you are an international student and your country is one of the ECOWAS countries then you stand a great chance of becoming one of the future selected student for the scholarship.
However, the scholarship covers courses on specific fields, therefore students are allowed to study for International Master’s Degree in Energy and Green Hydrogen Technology.
The Origin of Wascal and Mode of Operation
So let’s get a little knowledge of what this scholarship is all about. this will help you ti express yourself well especially when talking wit friends about the scholarship or parents as well.
Firstly, what is WASCAL? the full meaning in details is “The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL)”
Therefore, it is a Climate Change Institution for students from all ECOWAS states who want to pursue International Master’s Degree.
The WASCAL scholarship is under the sponsorship of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
So the question most people ask is how do they funds the scholarship and who is in charge? WASCAL is funded by BMBF, multilateral and bilateral partners and its West African member countries.
The scholarship requirement comes out in a way out to announce application for its International Master’s Programme in Energy and Green Hydrogen (IMP-EGH).
However, the scholarship will be in all fifteen (15) ECOWAS countries namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Conakry, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The main purpose of WASCAL for international or West African students is to focus on academic research. It also focuses on complete building graduate level science based advice on adaptation to Climate Change impacts and land use.
The programme provides training on green hydrogen technology, renewable energy,human resources to boost the sector of energy and policy formulation across West Africa.
Furthermore, WASCAL cooperates with many agencies and universities in the region to give a knowledge platform of excellence for her students.
Finally, students from any of the Ecowas countries can easily secure the scholarship provided they can meet up with the little requirements.
The Build up Process & Benefits (WASCAL Master’s Scholarship)
As an international student you have the opportunity for various West African Science Service center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use.
So students receive scholarships or grants offered to them outside the country where the university is located and where they applied.
The scholarship does not only present a Master’s Programme in Energy and Green Hydrogen (IMP-EGH), it is also designed to prepare the next generation to address the energy challenges of adaptation and resilience to Climate Change in West Africa.
In addition to that, students will get a better understanding of present-day energy infrastructures in West Africa, , energy policies and search for sustainable goals.
However, there are small limitations like their strengths and weaknesses, practices in a changing climate context and presentation.
The (WASCAL) scholarships are offered by West African Science Service center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use to study or research.
Also, Abdou Moumouni University launches its Master’s Research Programme in Green Hydrogen for the 2021-2022 academic year. The programme is also for ECOWAS member countries.
Finally, (WASCAL) scholarships application form is always online and students can easily apply, however, there are many other organizations, foundations, trusts, corporates.
Nutshell Scholarship Details
Eligible Countries: ECOWAS Countries
Country for the exam to be taken: (ECOWAS) West African countries as well as to Germany.
Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
Number of Awards: Not specified
Type of scholarship: Master
Eligibility: Students from ALL West African countries with Bsc in Physics, Chemistry and Bio-Chemistry, Engineering, Statistics or related fields.
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Areas of the Scholarship Specialization (WASCAL Master’s Scholarship)
There are 4 areas of specializations and would run in universities in Togo, Ivory coast, Niger & Senegal; below are the various university specifications…
- where University of Abdou Moumouni, Niger will host Photovoltaic and System Analysis for Green Hydrogen Technologies.
- And University of Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal, will host Economics/policies/Infrastructures and Green Hydrogen Technology.
- University of Felix Houphouet Boigny, Ivory Coast will host Green Hydrogen Production and Technology/Georesources (Wind/Water) and Hydrogen Technology.
- University of Lomé, Togo will run Bioenergy/biofuels and Green Hydrogen Technology.
West African Science Service center on Climate Change
- (WASCAL) West African Science Service center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use Masters scholarships.
- West African Science Service center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) Bachelors scholarships (also known as West African Science Service center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) undergraduate scholarships).
- West African Science Service center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) PhD scholarships.
What Students stands to Gain at the End of the Scholarship
- Firstly, students will develop and apply research techniques on their own or individually.
- Convert knowledge of complex physical and biological processes into useful modeling concepts and apply this to real world situations.
- They can be able to demonstrate state-of-the-art expertise in their field of specialization or course study.
- Independently formulate and execute research in accordance with academic standards within their field of specialization, thus contributing to the body of knowledge in this field.
- Furthermore, students will be able to recognize, understand and apply new concepts as they emerge in the various related fields
- Show evidence of scholarship by presenting M.Tech thesis and publishing at least one.
- Finally, they should be able to translate scientific knowledge in their field of specialization into policy recommendations.
Required Documents (WASCAL Master’s Scholarship)
- Cover letter.
- Passport copy or national identification card.
- Form duly filled, scanned, and sent to required address.
- Curriculum Vitae signed with information about relevant experience and professional training.
- Two (2) reference letters, one of whom should preferably be from the undergraduate lecturer in the equivalent science discipline or in engineering; preferably one letter from an academic and one from a former employer precise availability of the candidate for the all period of master program. Reference letters must be written in English or French and must be signed / stamped
- Applications must be submitted to email@example.com ; and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certified copies of diplomas and transcripts (Baccalaureate to Bachelor)
However, below are some scholarships from the The West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL).
More Scholarship from the (WASCAL) Scholarships for International students
below are the various scholarships handle by WASCAL, students can visit the official website and see them to apply.
- POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowships For Developing Countries
- National Arts Council Arts Scholarships in Singapore
- IAL Research Grants For Doctoral Studies
- HKADC Overseas Arts Administration Scholarships
- TEG Postgraduate Training Fellowship
- Royal Society International Exchange Programme
- MOE-AU Scholarship For Singaporean Students
- SAWISE Scholarships For Sub-saharan And South African Women
- World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program For Developing Countries
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program