We are an online Publishing company that provides information about Governmental and Non-Governmental assistance benefits (Sponsorship Programs on Scholarship, Jobs and Immigration Gateways), Insurance, Finance, Real Estate and Entrepreneur... USA , Canada , UK, Australia and The Worldwide For International Opportunities Programs.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) – Start your Application Now
Do you know more about the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships? if you have been to Cannda then you must have heard of the Vanier Canada Scholarship because it is a well known scholarship in Canada. It is a PhD degree program that accepts students from all over the world on a Doctorate program studies.
- Citizenship: Canadian citizens, Permanent residents of Canada, Foreign citizens
- Areas of research: Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering research, Social sciences and humanities research.
- Study in: Canada;
- Course starts May/Sept 2021
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) is a Canadian Government PhD Degree Sponsorship Program Deadline: before 6 Nov 2021 (annual).
Brief description: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. The scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation. Without exception, the Vanier CGS is tenable only at the eligible Canadian institution that submitted the nomination.
Level/Field(s) of study
PhD programmes (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research
Number of Scholarships
Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
The scholarships is worth $50,000 per year for three years.
Eligibility for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- Intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding.
- Be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- Not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2021.
- Be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding.
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
- Must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html
Canada’s three federal funding agencies of the Vanier’s scholarships:
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Application instructions (Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships)
Applications are in one of two ways. Either the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Applications are prepare(d) by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the Research Net application system. The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 6 November 2021.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and to know the complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Note: Candidates must be a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
there are two ways to carry out the Applications for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship:
- Applicant informs their chosen university’s graduate faculty of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program; or
- The institution initiates the nomination process by contacting a suitable candidate. For example,UWaterloo will review its student pool and nominate the deserving students.
The applicant must be able to prepare this scholarship application and submit it to their nominating institution, before the internal deadline.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Research Net Application Process
- Firstly, candidate should open the ResearchNet, complete all tasks listed under the Vanier CGS application.
- Then, he/she can preview the Full Application Package of your application, using the “Preview Application Materials” task, before submission.
- Furthermore, student can print the entire application and Save the PDF version of it.
- Finally, student must have to submit the electronic application through ResearchNet after rechecking by completing the “Consent and Submit Application” task.
Below are Nomination Package for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
- A ResearchNet application form ( with two letters of reference), Referees will be provided with a unique URL to complete their assessments online.
- Project References (max 5 pages)
- Two Leadership letters of reference (max 2 pages)
- A CCV
- Research Contributions (limit one page), Role in the research, selecting the medium of research, collaboration with other researchers, etc.
- A Research Proposal (max 2 pages)
- A 2-page Personal Leadership Statement
- Should represent what challenges and opportunities have shaped the candidate’s doctoral research.
- Outline of accomplishments, leadership, volunteerism, etc.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship agency-specific selection committee is well respected, Therefore applications should be written and also keep in mind of a a non-specialist research audience in mind. Also, application documents must be in either French or English.
Note: For technical help, regarding the application process, email at email@example.com.
Selection Procedure (Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships)
The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain academically excellent doctoral students. Members of the selection committee will get appointment from the Canadian academic community.
Awards and selection are conducted by the members of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship selection committees, constituting the main three federal granting agencies:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research, and
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
The selection for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is done mainly on three parameters:
- Academic Excellence
- Research Potential
- Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability)
More important factors include
- Nomination letter (signed by the department head )
- Canadian Common CV (CCV)
- Institution transcripts
- Leadership Reference Letters
- Personal Leadership Statement
- Two Leadership reference Letters
- Project References
- Research proposal
- Research contributions
- Referee Assessments
The selection committee will announce the recipients of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2021 in early April. This procedure is one of the best for the scholarship.
Disclaimer Notice: This is NOT the Official Canada Scholarship Page. This is just a summary page of the scholarship. However we will endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice.