Do you wish to study in south Africa As an African student what you need is University of Pretoria Scholarships MasterCard 2021 for African Students to start making their registration today.
Following scholarships are open for African students to study at University of Pretoria South Africa for undergraduate and masters degrees. Start your Application Now >>>
University of Pretoria Scholarships for African Students
The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2021.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2020
Eligible Countries: African countries (Except Southern African countries)
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Fields of Study:
- Postgraduate Study Programmes
- Master’s degree applicants
About the Award:
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership.
Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
Type: Masters (Taught)
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
Selection will focus on prior academic achievement, but also on the fit of the applicant to the ethos of the Program, which is focus on leadership and community development for Africa in addition to academic success.
Successful applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in minimum time, returning to their home countries and giving back to their communities.
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship: The Program will cover the following: How to Apply and Gain a Scholarship Award
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Duration of Scholarship: Period of degree
The Need to easy Online Application Approval
The list below are what you should be mindful of when making an online Application:
- Maintain Single Profile
- Read the instructions carefully before Applying
- Ask questions in any were you are not clear
- make use of our correct and legal details
- the document should be in the recommended format
- You Should make sure the Passport is in the recommended size
- Check your Application before Submitting
- Follow up your Application for other updates
How to Apply:
Students who are interested in studies at the University of Pretoria and wish to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program must follow the application processes in the Scholarship webpage (See in Link below)
Hi! Earthprex believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today. Visit Scholarship Webpage for details and to proceed with felling of your Application form Now!!!.