Do you now about Australia educational principles? if this is your first time of making a trip to study abroad then you might consider studying in Australia, therefore there is more information to gain as you read through this article on the study in Australia for international students worldwide. All scholars both far and wide are really invited for this however you must have to follow up the instructions which can help you secure good scholarship in studying in Australia.
The Core details of Australia
Australia is a sweet country with so many great natural features, it is located in the Southern Hemisphere. Also, Australia is famous for surfing, kangaroos and warm climate.
The country has over 25 million people and is rich culture and history are founded on its Aboriginal heritage and a blend of vibrant cultures.
In addition to that, the country covers an area of 7.69 million square kilometres, making it the 6th largest country in the world.
The country (Australia) has much more to offer than the usual expectations you may think about, there are good and great improvements as well.
Australia is among the best global leader for education. This makes it a popular study destination for international students to study.
International scholars choose to study in Australia because of its friendly, potential nature, unique education system, and high standard of living.
Good Qualities that normally attract Students to Australia
The beautiful country attracts these students due to some of the reasons below:
- There are thousands of scholarships available
- The standard of living is high
- It has one of the best higher education systems in the world
- Australian cities are safe and ideal for international students
- Students have numerous job opportunities after graduation.
Why Study in Australia? International Student choice
Firstly, Australian Government and Australian Universities provide a large number of scholarships for international students to study in Australia.
International Student’s Study in Australia Center is designed to keep you informed on what to expect and get during studies.
There are thousands of courses offered in Australia, also students can get certificate in different degree programs like Ph.D, Masters, Bachelor’s.
Australia education has government-funded, external funded and university-specific Australian scholarships for all international students.
Australia has have one of the world’s highest percentages of higher education and consistent reputation for education across the world.
Furthermore, the country has good record of high literacy people and education rates offering high quality education for fair tuition fees.
According to the 2019 QS World University Rankings, there are 25 Australian institutions in the top 5007 of the world. The highest rank of these is the Australian National University, which is placed at 24th.
Next rated to it is the University of Melbourne, which is placed at 39th, and the University of Sydney, which is placed at 42nd.
Courses citizens and International students are free to study in Australia
|· Accounting||· Architecture|
|· Biology||· Built Environment|
|· Actuarial Science||· Chemical Engineering|
|· Cloud Computing||Automotive Engineering|
|· Artifical Intelligence||· Business Management|
|Computer Animation||· Computer Programming|
|· Data Science||Construction Management|
|· Archaeology||· Animal Science|
|· Civil Engineering
|· Electrical Engineering||· Dentistry|
|· Computer Forensics||· Economics|
|· Environmental Science||· Agribusiness|
|· Forensic Science
|· Property Management|
|· Graphic Design
|· International Relations|
|· International Business||· Hotel Management|
|· Cyber Security||· Photography|
|· Social Work|
|· Physical Education
|· Fine Art|
|· Industrial Design
|· Interior Design|
|· Political Science|
|· Agriculture||· Acting|
|· Computer Science
|· Fashion Design
|· Hospitality||· Journalism|
|· Food Science
|· Sports Management
|· Product Design|
|· Medical Science|
|· Mental Health
|· Web Development|
|· Urban Planning
|· Sports Science|
|· Sports Coaching
|· Public Health
Government-funded Australian scholarships for international scholars
- Destination Australia awards – Over 1,000 scholarships of up to AU$15,000 student per year are available to both domestic and international students to study in Australia.
- Australia Awards Scholarships – Scholarships to study in Australia for students of all degree levels (bachelors, masters, PhD). Students from Asia-Pacific region, Africa and the Middle East can apply, applicants from Indonesia can also apply.
- Research Training Program – Here, Postgraduate-level Australian scholarships are for domestic and international students to study a research degree at a participating Australian university.
University-specific Australian scholarships for international students
- University of Sydney International Scholarship – Scholarships for international students undertaking research programs (master’s or PhD) at the University of Sydney.
- University of Western Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships – Research scholarships for master’s and PhD students to study in Australia at the University of Western Australia. All tuition fees are covered.
- Australian Catholic University International Student Scholarships – Awarded based on academic merit. Scholarships here is for commencing international undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Australian National University – Various scholarships available for international students at all study levels, which can be found using a search tool on the university site.
- Deakin University – A search tool for finding scholarships to study at Deakin University.
- Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships – Australian scholarships to study at Flinders University in Adelaide. Awarded to master’s and PhD research students.
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships – Open to high-achieving students from outside Australia or New Zealand who are enrolled on any taught undergraduate or postgraduate program. Scholarship duration is of two semesters.
- Adelaide Scholarships International – Tuition fee scholarships available for master’s or PhD students enrolled at the University of Adelaide.
- Curtin University International Research Scholarships – International scholarships for students undertaking master’s or PhD programs at Curtin University.
- Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships – tuition fee scholarships available to “outstanding” international students to study in the University. However, is not open to students from Europe, ASEAN countries, Mongolia, Australia or New Zealand.
- Melbourne Research Scholarships– Scholarships for high-achieving domestic and international students to undertake a master’s research program.
- Monash University International Scholarships– Merit-based scholarships for undergraduate and graduate international students to study in the University in Melbourne.
- Rotary Peace Fellowships – Australian scholarships awarded to master’s degree students studying within one of Rotary’s Peace Centers.
- University of Sydney International Scholarships – Australian scholarships are open to both international undergraduate and postgraduate students studying at the University of Sydney.
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships– Australian scholarships for postgraduate students to study in Australia at the University of Newcastle.
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ) Greater China International Student Bursary – Available for undergraduate or postgraduate students from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan.
- UTS International Undergraduate Full Tuition Scholarship – UTS will pay each recipient’s tuition fees for the approved bachelor’s degree for the duration of the scholarship.
- Victoria University International Scholarships – A variety of scholarships for international students, such as the VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
Firstly, Australia has no official language, its national language is English. You will also hear a variety of different languages in the country.
Although, you must know that all undergraduate and post-graduate courses in Australia are taught in English. If your native language is not English, create opportunity to learn the language as you study.
However, students whose first language is not English may need to prove their proficiency in the language, before they are accepted to study. A language proficiency test in English will be needed.
Any international student who wants to study in Australia must first obtain a Student Visa for their respective studies.
Yes, with a student visa, you will be permitted to study for up to five years, at a recognized higher education institution.
Students under the age of 18 must need to provide information about their living and welfare arrangements totally.
Adequate health insurance arrangements should be made during your stay, in most cases the school takes care of this process.
These can be obtained online (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/study) and last up to five years.
To obtain a visa, applicants provides:
- Evidence that they have been accepted on a course by a recognised Australian university;
- Confirmation of their financial worthiness;
- Proof that they have the requisite English language skills; and
- Health insurance coverage
NOTE: A visa will not be issued to anybody with a bad criminal record.
The Application Process
The following steps should be taken note and carried out:
- Decide on which course you want to study and at which university;
- Submit an online application to the institute (making sure you correctly follow any instructions they might have);
- Receive, and formally accept, their Letter of Offer.
- Receive from the university an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
- Apply for a Student Visa (only when all the above stages is completed).
In other words, student needs to provide:
- International student health coverage.
- Formal confirmation of English language proficiency.
- Proof that they have sufficient funds to support themselves whilst they are studying in Australia.
- Evidence of their academic qualifications (certificates, transcripts, letters from teachers or professors).