We are an online Publishing company that provides information about Governmental and Non-Governmental assistance benefits (Sponsorship Programs on Scholarship, Jobs and Immigration Gateways), Insurance, Finance, Real Estate and Entrepreneur... USA , Canada , UK, Australia and The Worldwide For International Opportunities Programs.
Study Abroad Scholarship: Ways to Apply for a Scholarship Abroad as a Student
As a student or a scholar, studying Abroad gets you the best opportunity of learning in a especially in a well focus and comfortable research environment, therefore as an African student one of the best moment in the life of a student is when they see themselves as one of the students under a study abroad scholarship.
However i want you to know that Education is necessary in your life as a scholar and any other job because it will get you to be exposed.
We will discuss extensively on this study abroad scholarship which you know is mostly for African or international students. So let’s discuss more on this and then relate with the idea on how to apply for many abroad scholarship.
Note: Bear it in mind that there are hundreds of scholarships to study abroad, including general scholarships and more specialized funding schemes.
What is a scholarship?
In a lay man understanding a Scholarship is an aid or grant set aside for specific period of time usually for for a study course program. It can be given by a school, college, university, or other organisation to pay for the studies of the student.
Scholarships and Grants: how can I know the difference?
I will say there is a slight difference in them, that is why most people can take the two as one however let me talk more on that.
Therefore, scholarships and grants are in form of a gift aid, which means students do not need to pay back the money.
On a strictly view base; grants are usually of needful situations, and often go to young people who cannot afford the costs of their studies. While scholarships are mostly on academic, athletic, or artistic abilities.
Furthermore, on a more clearer view, a student loans are a form of financial aid that needs to be paid back then in most cases, it comes with interest. It now depends on the student to be able to repay the agreement they had with the loaner.
Finally, so many scholarship categories; like scholarships to study a particular subject, and scholarships targeting particular groups of students.
Tips on how to secure a good scholarship financial aid for studies (Study Abroad Scholarship)
Below are the guides on how to get a financial aid for your studies abroad…
- Make sure to browse or Google to find financial aid options before you pick a study abroad program.
- Then you can Apply for federal financial aid, know that the government grants and loans may be used towards study abroad.
- You can fill out the application, known as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA.
- official website for the scholarship is https://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Applicants are free to visit the financial aid office, study abroad office, and foreign language departments to ask about potential funding sources.
- Student can ask for their abroad advisor if there are any scholarships specific to your major.
- Another thing you should do is to Check with the government of the country you want to study abroad in.
- Check local organizations like Sons of Italy chapters, German clubs, Hispanic heritage groups, Chinese-American associations, etc. to see if they offer scholarships.
- keep on applying for the scholarships, grants, or funding options you find online.
International Students Scholarship (Study Abroad Scholarship)
Firstly, scholarship abroad is just the main deal for so many people, therefore international scholarship takes scholars far and wide.
International scholars gain experience offers students the opportunity to make new friends, get a view of the global city.
There is always a good news for the international scholarship abroad, students
However, many students falsely believe that studying abroad is too expensive for their budget and don’t know where to start on the scholarship application process in a different country.
Universities and other institutions of higher learning abroad set goals to admit number of students in order to enrich the cultural experience of the campus.
Moreover, there are independent organizations that offer global scholarships to interested students still on the same basis and to promote them.
Furthermore, students must definitely know the scholarship they are going for, get some support on it and then know ways on how to apply.
So if either it is for a scholarship on the basis of Undergraduate, Masters’s or PhD, know the right details of the one you want then go for it.
what means to take for the abroad scholarships?
Firstly, this is why some students fail in seeking for a scholarship. do you know why? because they lack the basic know ledge on what to do.
If you are interested in scholarship abroad, then seek for the official website of the school offering them so that you can read more of their requirements.
If you don’t find anything relevant, contact a representative via email or chat and see if they can help.The next step is to look for financial aid in support of that scholarship. here are few details below:
- official info about scholarships in Germany (https://www.study-in-germany.de/en/plan-your-studies/financing-and-scholarships_27633.php)
- official info about scholarships in Sweden (https://studyinsweden.se/scholarships)
- The official info about scholarships in Austria (https://studyinaustria.at/en/study/scholarships/)
- official info about scholarships in Denmark (https://studyindenmark.dk/study-options/tuition-fees-scholarships)
- official info about scholarships in France (https://www.campusfrance.org/en/bursaries-foreign-students)
- The official info about scholarships in the Netherlands (https://www.studyinholland.nl/finances)
- official info about scholarships in the UK (https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/scholarships)
- The Official EU scholarship page – (https://ec.europa.eu/info/education/study-or-teach-abroad/scholarships-and-student-finance/find-scholarship_en)
- Scholarships.com – (https://www.scholarships.com/)
- Scholarshipportal.com – (https://www.scholarshipportal.com/)
- Scholarships for Development – (https://www.scholars4dev.com/about/)
Categories for the Scholarships selection (Study Abroad Scholarship)
The following are the most common types of scholarships you can apply for your studies abroad:
- scholarships for excellent academic excellence or merit scholarships.
- The scholarships for research, artistic, or athletic achievements
- scholarships for students with low incomes
- The scholarships for under-represented groups (e.g. women, Hispanic and African-American students, citizens from developing countries)
- scholarships for all international students.
1. Scholarships for academic excellence or merit
Just like the name goes, this scholarship is strictly base on your academic performance right from high schools to levels of scholarship requirements.
You must be among the top of the exam before being selected because the score is strictly checked.You need to be a top student to apply for this type of scholarships.
The most common ones offering the academic excellence award are from the Universities and colleges but they aren’t the only ones.
2. Scholarships for research, artistic, or athletic achievements
The scholarship is mostly on research, sports, or arts, then this scholarship categories. The Athletic excellence scholarships is very popular in the US, but you can find them in other countries as well.
Skills authenticity will be approved here, if you have the skill they really want ten consider yourself as one if the scholars.
3. Scholarships for students with low incomes
The aim is to support students who want to study but cannot afford to pay the full tuition fees or living costs at all or any means.
4. Scholarships for under-represented groups
Here, also the aim is to support and encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to pursue education without worrying about costs.
- Native Americans
- students from developing countries
5. Scholarships for all international students
International students have to meet the requirements for any scholarship. The scholarship is given by private institutions or non-governmental organisations (NGOs) that want to contribute to higher education.
Procedures to take in applying for the Abroad scholarship (Study Abroad Scholarship)
once you are done with the scholarship selection, then you must know the procedures to take in securing the scholarship. below are some of them
- Online register: Register for the scholarship, usually by completing an online application form.
- Message: Check your inbox to make sure you’ve received the confirmation email.
- Short Essay for approval: Write a personal statement or essay. There are enough models on the internet but remember to be original and impress through your unique experiences and ideas.
- Prove of previous academic status: Get official proof of your academic, athletic, or artistic achievements. Translate the documents if necessary — it usually is.
- Or get official proof of your low income or nationality (for region-based scholarships). Again, a translation might be necessary.
- Check and read again: Proofread all documents for errors and send them to the scholarship provider.
- Submit documents: Submit the acceptance letter from the university (or an official document from the university proving you’ve been accepted).
- Approval process: Wait for the results. If accepted, Go ahead and throw a party but don’t spend all your scholarship money on it.