We are an online Publishing company that provides information about Governmental and Non-Governmental assistance benefits (Sponsorship Programs on Scholarship, Jobs and Immigration Gateways), Insurance, Finance, Real Estate and Entrepreneur... USA , Canada , UK, Australia and The Worldwide For International Opportunities Programs.
Set up S pen on Galaxy Note 8 – Fix S pen not Working issues
The galaxy note 8 pen needs to be set up properly and also in case the pen stops working, you should know how to fix it. The galaxy note 8 pen is one of the amazing features that make people purchase galaxy note phones. So you need to set it up correctly to enjoy the device.
The pen comes with great features and functions, you can be able to set it up to serve you better. So if you are looking for how to set up your samgung galaxy note 8 pen drive, you are in the right place and this tutorial will teach you exactly how to set up the pen and also fix any issues that arises from it.
Set up Procedure for S pen on Galaxy Note.
Step 1. On your Home Screen, you would have to go to Apps.
Step 2. Look for Search and here look for ‘S Pen’.
Step 3. There are four categories in the S Pen page – ‘General’, ‘Air Command’, ‘Removal’ and finally ‘Feedback’. In the ‘General’ section you will get the below options
- Air View: you can toggle it on or off
- Direct Pen Input: you can turn this feature on or off. The feature basically lets you swap from the keyboard to S Pen while you are filling out form fields.
- Pointer: can be toggled on or off. Whenever you hover your S Pen quite close to your Note 8 a pointer will appear on the screen if the feature is on. There are some items over which if the pointer hovers will reveal what it does or what it is.
- Screen Off Memo: This feature can also be toggled on or off. When this setting is on the user can create notes by pressing the button of the S Pen and then writing on the Note 8 screen even when it is off.
In order to set up the S Pen on Galaxy Note 8, you will get the below options under ‘Air Command’:
- Shortcuts: you can add or remove shortcuts for apps and clicking on small icon arrow pointing to the left go back to the same screen to proceed with the setup.
- Floating Command: You can have this command on or off
Under the ‘Removal’ section you will find the below options which you can customize to set up the S Pen on Galaxy Note 8:
- When S Pen is Removed: You get four options in this section to what the smartphone should do when you remove the S Pen on your Galaxy Note 8 – Open Air Command, Create Note or Do Nothing. Pick one according to your preference.
- Alarm: You can toggle this feature on or off. This is a very useful feature and if turned on your Note 8 will sound an alarm if you leave behind your S Pen and walk away without inserting it in your phone.
- Power Saver: Another feature which can be toggled on or off. You can save battery by turning on this feature because the phone doesn’t detect the S Pen when it is inserted in it.
Under the ‘Feedback’ section, there are two options:
- Sound: Toggle it on or off. When the S Pen is removed or inserted or written with it there will be a sound played.
- Vibration: If you toggle it on your smartphone will vibrate every time you remove or insert your S Pen. If you don’t like the feature turn it off.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 8 S Pen Not Working
Problem: I have Galaxy Note 8 which I bought from Korea (256 GB) and since I bought, it is working fine till ten days ago, the S pen is not writing in the upper half of the screen nor it act when it presses certain icons in the upper half.
I noticed also, the S Pen pointer is misplaced in the upper half of the screen; i.e. when I point to an icon, the pointer is pointing nearby but not on the desired location.
I have tried all kind of solutions including soft and hard reset but no luck. Also, I have changed the tip but no difference.
As I said I bought the device over the net from Korea when Note 8 was launched as locally Note 8 with 256 GB was not available.
I thought may be the original firmware is Korean and the local updates are different and some incompatibility issue is there but I am not sure and also do not know how to fix it if this the case.
The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to first check the S Pen settings of the device.
- Go to Apps > Settings.
- Tap Search, and then search for and select S Pen.
- Here you can adjust and change the setting for the S Pen.
- Air view: Turn Air view on
- Direct pen input: Turn the Direct pen input feature on
- Pointer: Turn the pointer on
Using magnetic phone cover?
There is a chance that if you are using a magnetic phone cover it will interfere with the operation of the S Pen. Try removing your phone cover if you have one installed then check if the problem still occurs.
The next step is to verify if the S Pen is working properly by checking it on another Galaxy Note device. If the S Pen does not work on this other device then you should consider purchasing another S Pen. The possibility that the pen has gone bad is 99 percent.
In case it works then there’s a possibility that the problem is caused by a faulty digitizer. Since you have already performed a factory reset and this does not seem to fix the problem then I suggest that you bring your phone to a service center and have it checked.