We are an online Publishing company that provides information about Governmental and Non-Governmental assistance benefits (Sponsorship Programs on Scholarship, Jobs and Immigration Gateways), Insurance, Finance, Real Estate and Entrepreneur... USA , Canada , UK, Australia and The Worldwide For International Opportunities Programs.
Royal Society University Research Fellowship in UK 2022-23: Fully Funded Royal Society University Fellowship in UK
Today studies in UK is one of the best if not the best education to all students who are opportune to secure a scholarship or normal study program in UK. No doubt the country has a good research facilities for studies and in a well conducive environment making students more relaxed as they prepare for their studies. what more can you say as an international scholar than to look for a way to secure a scholarship in which a part of it could be the Royal society university research fellowship. This article will give you a rundown information on what it is all about and how you can apply for such fellowship grant.
The Royal Society University Research Fellowship (URF) is a research fellowship awarded to outstanding early career scientists.
URF scheme honors high caliber early career scientists & provides the opportunity for fellows to build an independent career.
The scheme is central to the Society’s commitment to fostering excellence for students who have the potential to become leaders in their field.
The research fellowship funds all areas of research in natural science, the award value has also been updated with respect to previous rounds.
Fellowships are awarded annually and Fellows are expected to be strong candidates for permanent faculty posts and academic tenure.
University Research Fellowship
Scholarship type: Fellowship
Country of Study: UK (United Kingdom)
Gender: Women and Men
Organization: The Royal Society
Application Deadline: September 7, 2022
Note: Applicants will have the opportunity to submit a research proposal and costs for an eight-year fellowship.
More About the Royal Society University Research Fellowship
Here, in this research programme researchers can apply for up to £90,000 research expenses per annum to support the research.
In terms of duration of the fellowships, the long term fellowships provide the opportunity and freedom to build an independent research career in the UK.
The University Research Fellowship (URF) has been a five year fellowship, with the option to apply for a three year extension.
The research fellowship funds all areas of research in natural science including life sciences, physical sciences and engineering.
This scheme is for outstanding scientists in the UK at an early stage of their career, funding is available for 8 years and includes the applicant’s salary and funding towards research expenses.
These changes have been introduced to increase the stability of funding available to URFs, Applicants must not hold a permanent academic position. Nor have previously held an independent research fellowship.
The URF scheme expand this year to support the biomedical sciences, this will ensure we continue to support a wide breadth of science through the scheme.
The Royal Society has announced 37 successful University Research Fellowship (URF), the researchers will take up their new posts. This will be at institutions across the UK and Ireland from the start of October.
This scheme is for outstanding scientists who are in the early stages of their research career…
The scheme offers you the opportunity to:
- Build an independent research career.
- Focus on your own research, with a limit on administrative and teaching duties.
- Hold your fellowship on a part-time basis to suit personal circumstances.
The scheme is open to applicants of all nationalities, applications are submitted through the Royal Society’s application portal.
RECORDS SHOW: (Royal Society University Research)
According to 2017, the fellowship funds up to 80% of basic salary costs for the awardee, with the other 20% usually provided by the University. hosting the fellow.
Furthermore, in 2016, there were 25 universities across the UK and Ireland hosting 44 newly appointed University Research Fellowships.
Note: This scheme is for outstanding scientists who are in the early stages of their research career and have the potential to become leaders in their field.
Aim and Benefits of Royal Society University Research Fellowship
The basic need is that the scheme provides:
- Research Fellows salary: 80% of the basic salary costs up to £40,681.46 in the first year, estates costs and indirect costs. sections…
- Research expenses:
– Contribution to research expenses of £13,000 in year one and £11,000 per year thereafter
– Additional research expenses of up to £40,000 in 2021/22 will also be awarded
- Research assistance:
– Contribution to a postdoctoral research assistant and/or a four-year PhD studentship.
– Equipment costs.
– Support for public engagement activities.
– Funding for training and professional development for the Research Fellow and any staff or students supported by the grant.
Requirements for University Research Fellowship (Royal Society University Research)
Researchers addressing a direct biomedical research question should apply for a Sir Henry Dale Fellowship, research must be within the Royal Society’s remit of natural sciences.
Those applying from Ireland (ROI) are funded by Science Foundation; they can be biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.
Applicants will need to read the eligibility requirements in the specific scheme notes.
You can apply for this scheme if you:
- Have between three to eight years of research experience since your PhD by the closing date of the round. Career breaks are taken into account, please refer to the scheme notes for further detail
- Do not hold a permanent post in a university or not for profit research organization.
- Do not hold, or have not previously held, an equivalent fellowship that provides an opportunity to establish an independent research group and therefore independent researcher status.
Help for Applicants with Disabilities
Adjustments for disability candidates can involve the following just to help them meet up:
- Extension of the deadline.
- Additional support to complete the application form.
- Technical support during interviews for candidates with hearing or visual impairments.
- Support during interviews for neuro-diverse candidates and those with mental health conditions.
- Additional costs to support those candidates requiring a chaperone during interviews.
How to Apply (Royal Society University Research)
Applications should be submitted through the Society’s grant management system Flexi-Grant®.
Your application will go through the process detailed on the Making a grant application page overseen by the one of four research appointment panels.
So they are:
- Ai: Astronomy, cosmology, physics, earth sciences, environmental physical sciences & geosciences
- Aii: Chemistry and engineering
- Aiii: Pure and applied mathematics, computer science, statistics, communications and computer engineering; the mathematical aspects of astronomy, physics, cosmology, gravitation, theoretical physics
- B: Molecular and cellular biology, zoology, plant sciences and physiology.
- Bii: Biomedical Sciences.