Today, to Create a Forum is one thing and the Increase Engagement on the Forum is another that is why we have made it a point of discussion for you to get right these list of Tips to Increase Engagement on your Forum in matter of hours after application.
However, If you have in any wish to get more details on how to Increase you online Customers today, which i believe it’s all talking about the same thing here.
Tips to Increase Engagement on your Forum
Now, we get started;
Well, before we proceed with the list of Forum Engagement Increase tips, you should get all done with the following:
- Keep homepage content fresh
- Engaging content is key – Start the conversation
- Get your forum together in other ways: especially in person and on live video calls
- Start a contest
- Build a reputation system
- Notify members when they get responses
For you to increase engagement on your forum and make users to always visit, it has to be interesting. This is the onus of a growing and thriving forum. If your forum is fun they will always visit and even spread the word about the wonderland. Below i will discuss the tips that will increase your forum’s engagement and make members stick around.
1. Keep homepage content fresh
When people visit your site, many will land on the homepage first. Give members new and immediate ways to interact by keeping homepage content fresh. By refreshing content as it’s created, you offer new ways to interact from the moment the visitors land on your website.
2. Engaging content is key – Start the conversation
Th content should have strong assertions, but opening the discussion is just as important. In general, bloggers use tactics such as identifying specific people in a post to asking a related question at the end of the content to get more comments.
Make efforts to open the conversation. When people contribute, go to great lengths to make them feel comfortable about sharing their opinion. The post you make should be tailored to make people want to talk, it should seek their opinion about issues that is interesting.
3. Get your forum together in other ways: especially in person and on live video calls
The people who show up to either live online video calls and especially in-person meetups are consistently our most active forum members. This helps create a bond online and offline.
There is something about being able to talk to people in-person or over video that adds an extra dimension to the community and makes people see the forums (and the people behind it) differently.
In Forumgram we have weekly informal webinars called “Forumgram Friday” where people simply show up if they can make it and myself or Nicole or lucky facilitates a conversation, usually starting with “what are you up to right now? Need any help with anything?” Something magic happens in a decentralized community like this when you hear each others’ voices and see each others’ faces over time.
4. Start a contest
Starting a contest is a great way of increasing the engagement of your forum. Note that the contest doesn’t have to feature an expensive prize, but it has to be engaging. Make your contest to focus on user generated content. For instance, ask members to tell their personal experience or share a strong personal belief. Make your prize relevant to your audience.
The stream of user-generated content can become a catalyst for consistent interaction. The contest can be in the nature of the person who creates the most engaging post of the week, this will help spore the members to also actively participate in posting on the forum
5. Build a reputation system
As Robert green put it ” So much depends on your reputation, guide it with your life” Reputation systems have become a popular tactic for online communities of all shapes and sizes. They come in many forms — from core values and ethics to iterations of the Facebook ‘like’ button to badges and awards for contributing content. Implementing a reputation system makes your forum stand out and helps members of your community create their own identity.
Reddit, a popular content sharing community, maintains a reputation system called ‘link karma’ that functions similar to a ‘like’ button. Badges and awards representing ‘achievements’ are the standard at LitReactor, a community for literary enthusiasts.
6. Notify members when they get responses
Posting a comment is one thing, but extending that comment into a valuable conversation is another. Notifications are the glue that sticks members to your community. They crave interaction and validation. To keep the conversation alive, remember to keep members engaged by notifying them when others respond to their content.
In the quest to drive more members to your community, the best measure you can take is to increase engagement. An active community represents a more enticing opportunity for potential members. But, perhaps more importantly, keeping your community active enriches the experience for current members, strengthening the bonds between them and your site.
Here are a handful of other ideas for Increase Forum Engagement and making it extremely active.
- Require members to use real names and photos (we’ve found this to be a factor in encouraging open, honest, helpful conversations).
- Funnel discussions from courses, blog posts and other places into the forums (we use the forums as our discussion outpost for courses and founder stories interviews).
- Track key forum metrics, including posts per member, percent of members with forum profiles, percent of members posting per week, etc. (we look at these weekly to see the health of the forums overall).
- Study features of other popular forums. When you run out of ideas, go fishing. Sign up for other forums and see how things are done.
1. Top 10 Best WordPress Discussion Forum Plugins – Earners Land Today
2. Top 10 Most Successful Internet Forums in the World
3. Ways on How to Grow Your Forum
Summary – Increase Forum Engagement
- Spend time in the community.
- Encourage progress logs.
- Promote members of your community to special positions.
- Hold community-wide events and contests.
- Send weekly update messages.
Implementing these tips above will help you increase the engagement of your forum and generally help in the growth of your community. Have in mind that if you are not committed you will not get the desired results.