We are an online Publishing company that provides information about Governmental and Non-Governmental assistance benefits (Sponsorship Programs on Scholarship, Jobs and Immigration Gateways), Insurance, Finance, Real Estate and Entrepreneur... USA , Canada , UK, Australia and The Worldwide For International Opportunities Programs.
German International Scholarships For international and African students
I know for a fact that many people wants to study in Germany. The German international scholarships available until today are what I want to disclose to you. As a scholar whose aim is to study in Germany and have a German certificate, you ought to know a little about the schools and some scholarship available there.
Are you thinking about getting a scholarship in Germany but do not know where and how? worry no more as we bring you a compiled list of scholarships in Germany.
Therefore I present to you the list of German scholarships for different universities in Germany and a little details.
German Scholarship On Review
Germany has become a favorite destination for foreign students/scholars looking for international education.
German Universities offer Germany scholarships for international students and other international organized programs.
As a matter of fact, 16 states in Germany put to an end to tuition fees for undergraduate students in public German universities.
This implies that undergraduate students at public universities in Germany are payment free from fees.
Also, this is to say that international do not have to pay for their studies except a semester fee of 200 euro.
However, Private institutions take exceptions to this as they depend on tuition fees for their funding(~US$24,400).
On the same note, Master’s degree at German university are mostly free when they are seen as CONSECUTIVE.
This means they go straight from a related bachelor’s degree acquired in Germany. However, there is a small fee per semester for enrollment.
There are courses that are taught in German and they need scholars to have a German language certificate.
Finally, it can come from reputable bodies while many courses in English require the Exam test certificate like TOEFL and IELTS.
Cost Of Students Living In Germany
If placed side by side with some other European countries, Germany is not quite expensive. The cost of food, housing, clothing and cultural activities are greater than the EU average.
Therefore, on average, students in Germany spend around 850 euros per month on living costs. Apart from that, rent takes a large part of the expenses.
Most scholars in Germany will either live in a student room of residence or private accommodation. Student accommodation in Germany cost an average of <350 a month for university halls, and 500 for a room in a shared house>.
Therefore, Inexpensive cities like Frankfurt and Munich, students pay very little. Students can pay within the range of <700 for a room or 400 – 500 for student accommodation.
Application opens every year for scholarships in Germany for international students from Africa and developing countries.
Finally, there are either partial or full fee scholarships for undergraduate, master or PhD/doctoral degrees.
Eligibility for Germany scholarships for international students
Here are what you should understand about the eligibility for all applicants:
VISA AND RESIDENCE PERMIT
As an international student, you may need an entry visa for Germany depending on where you come from.
PROOF OF FINANCIAL RESOURCES
Before you begin your studies, you will have to prove that you have enough money to support yourself.
UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE QUALIFICATION
If you want to study at a German university, you will need “university entrance qualification”. This can be a school-leaving certificate that qualifies you for university.
GERMAN LANGUAGE SKILLS
However, for most degree programs, knowledge of German is a prerequisite for admission to a German university.
If you’d like to study in Germany, you have to have health insurance certificate. You will need to present proof of health insurance when you enroll at the university.
Student Visa Requirement
Students from the EU, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland:
- Do not require a visa to study in Germany.
- Must register with the (Einwohnermeldeamt or Bürgeramt)within a week of arriving in Germany.
- you should show proof that you have access to €8700 per year (for living costs).
- Must have purchased health insurance.
- Must prove proficiency in the language of instruction for your degree course.
Students from outside the EU Region
- Andorra, Brazil, El Salvador, Honduras, Monaco, San Marino or Taiwan: Only require a visa if you will work before or after your degree. Must obtain a residence permit.
- Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Switzerland or the US: Do not require a visa but must obtain a residence permit.
- Other countries: Apply for visa (Schengen Visa – for 3 months of study, National Visa – for over 3 months of study). Visa and residence permit can be obtained from your local German embassy.
- For Residence Permit: Register with the Residents’ Registration Office, prove that you have health insurance policy, prove that you have access to approximately €8700 per year (for living costs), show your passport with visa (if needed) and tenancy agreement.
- For Visa: Same documents as Residence Permit. May also be asked for proof of clean criminal record and medical check.
- All students must prove proficiency in the language of instruction for your degree course.
Top 5 universities in Germany To Study
- LMU Munich
- Technical University of Munich
- Heidelberg University
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- University of Freiburg
Scholarships by German Government
Do you know that you have a list of top scholarships which you can make your choice from on the go today.
1. DAAD Scholarships
International scholars get many scholarships by the German Academic Exchange Service at various degrees. This Scholarship is world-class scholarship for the world for International Students.
It is the highest scholarship program in Europe for international students and among the world class scholarship.
Non-Government Scholarships in Germany:
Here are more you may want to choose from:
1. Deutschland Stipendium
Gifted Students studying at German Universities can utilize merit-based scholarships up to $300 per month.
2. Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research Fellowship Programme
Marie Curie are funded by the European Commission for International students wishing to pursue a post-doctoral research.
3. Einstein International Postdoctoral Fellowship
International students gets a degree at the University of Berlin for postdoctoral research by the Einstein scheme.
4. Mawista Scholarship
Large scholarship opportunity for students who want to pursue studies in Germany along with the concern of their child.
5. Konrad-Adenauer-Stifung Scholarships (KAS Scholarship)
Students who are below 30 years may apply for masters and Ph.D. Scholarships.
6. The Helmholtz Association
All international doctoral students around the world can get fellowships annually at Helmholtz center.
7. Heinrich Boll Scholarships for International Students
The Heinrich grants are available for the international students and PhD students. The scholarship is not available for undergraduate scholars.
8. Kurt Hansen Science Scholarships
Students who are aiming to get scholarships in the field of science in Germany can apply in this class of scholarship funded by the Byer Foundation.
9. Humboldt Research Fellowships for Postdoctoral Researchers
This is a Post-doc research program in Germany. Interested international students from developing can apply for the Georg Forster Fellowship.
Scholarships by German Universities
Just to see how Germany make sure all you wishes of every applicant comes to pass. they go ahead in making a list of choose from they private and non private universities abroad:
1. Heidelberg University Scholarships for Students
International Students studying dentistry or medicine from developing countries can secure the scholarship.
2. KAAD Scholarships
Therefore, KAAD Scholarships is for students from developing countries. International Students who possess German-language skills & catholic-Christian denomination can get scholarships by the KAAD scheme.
3. Universitat Hamburg Merit Scholarships
International students who have been enrolled in two semesters in any degree program will be selected for merit scholarship.
4. Kofi Annan MBA Scholarships
The Annan MBA Scholarships are available for the students for developing countries. International students can get regular & Full MBA one-year scholarships.
5. RWTH Aachen University Scholarship
All International and internal students of Germany can get financial assistance by applying to this scholarship.
6. Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München & Universität Regensburg Scholarship
All International students who want to be a research person can apply at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat Munich.
7. Ulm University Scholarships for International Scholarships
All international students at Ulm University can get a 1 semester based scholarship. The Ulm scholarship Germany is offered only for one semester.
8. DRD Scholarships for International Students in Germany
Sub-Saharan African students through merit-based scholarship can pursue their master’s degree in this scholarship.
9. FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Program in Germany
This Germany scholarship is available to international researchers to study at Universität Freiburg. The research fellowships are available in all courses.
10. Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids
Students studying in the field of solid-state chemistry, candidates can apply for Post-doctoral Fellowships.
11. HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management Scholarships
HHL Leipzig School of Management scholarships is available for masters and PhD in management courses.
Do you know what?
On Earthprex, we have lot of other list of scholarships you can make your choice from and more you should join our free email subscribers to keep getting the latest scholarships on the go.