The Chinese education stands out among the best economy countries offering education to scholars at a low tuition fees and a quality research centers for all scholars who wants to improve their knowledge and bag up more academic portfolio, therefore this article will lay more emphasis on the study in China for all international students both far and wide across the globe.
If you are an international student and you really want to study abroad ad precisely Asia then you must consider getting a Chinese certificate.
However, most students get have this phobia of studying in China due to COVID-19-related issues, there are precaution measures for that. border closures.
Also undergraduates having their studies in China, can really finish up their course, they should not think that there are no support and information by Chinese universities and authorities.
In addition to that, the number of COVID-19 cases has been subsiding in China. Countries such as Australia and Canada have slowly begun allowing international students to return for studies.
Chinese: A quality study country for Scholars
China is a country with the most ancient civilizations, it is the largest exporter and most populous country in the world and has a fast-growing economy.
Asian has great qualities from previous years due to its great educational facilities, science and technology degrees, and up to 30 top-ranked higher educational institutions.
consequently, China has been investing a lot in education over the last years and has developed partnerships with universities from the UK and US.
Therefore, China as a country is a popular study destination for students all around the world. The part of china (Mainland China) has an impressive 42 top universities featured in the QS World University Rankings® in 2020.
There are great things international students will benefit from as a scholars in china, some scholarships available in China are funded by the Chinese Government, others funded by individual Chinese universities and several funded by external organisations.
Scholars who are looking for a great Education, with explicit culture and traditions, one with a high GDP and universities among the top 100 should go for China.
Required Chinese Application documents (Study in China for all International Students)
NOTE: This should however depend on any of the Chinese university for the study program, more documents may be required on other institutions.
- Passport photo
- Personal ID card
- Health certificate
- Photocopy of valid passport
- Photocopy of valid visa
- Certification of no criminal record
- Chinese/English language proficiency certificate
- Letter of guarantee (parent or legal guardian of student will sign a declaration confirming he/she assumes responsibility for the student).
- Proof that you can support your studies in China
- Certificate/diploma from last graduated school
- Transcript from previous institution or school.
Basic Facts on Chinese Scholarship for International Students
- China is world’s largest national population, more than 1.4 billion people – 20 percent of the Earth’s entire population.
- More than 90 percent of the population live in the eastern third of Mainland China
- Total amount needed for living costs per year: at least US$12,000
- Average annual tuition fees: US$2,000-4,000
- The world’s fastest growing and second largest economy, after overtaking Japan in 2011
- Full official name is the People’s Republic of China
- Capital city is Beijing, largest city is Shanghai
- Main language is Mandarin Chinese, which has more native speakers than any other language
- Fourth-largest country by area (after Russia, Canada and the US)
- The only country other than Russia and US to have launched a manned space flight; government has set target of establishing a space station by 2020
- Under Communist rule since 1949
- China is the world’s biggest sender of international students, with 700,000 students studying abroad.
- Very diverse climate – from tropical in the south to subarctic in the northeast.
More about China for International Students
Many scholars will ask, how good is China? Chinese universities offer quality education and have high-standard facilities.
A country with mild tuition fees and living costs for all students around the globe, having top 100 higher education institutions in top rankings.
Also, the number of higher education institutions in China has multiplied in the last decade, coupling almost 3,000 institutions.
China’s top educational priority is Investment in higher education which has been great in recent years, making it good destination for students.
The country is just among the world best by launching a project 211 in 1995, to focus on bringing 100 of its universities to the forefront of higher education.
Finally, the country brought in additional project ‘C9’ created specifically for institutions regarded to offer an elite education.
Degrees courses to study in China (Study in China for all International Students)
Masters courses to study in China
Chinese Government funded scholarships
- Hubei Provincial Scholarships– This scholarship is open to students wishing to study a bachelor’s, PhD, or master’s degree in any subject.
- Beijing Government Scholarship– The Beijing Municipal covers tuition fees either fully or partially and is open to undergraduates and master’s students.
- China Scholarship Council (CSC) Scholarships– CSC scholarships are open to all international students who wish to study in China. You will be asked to fill out an online form and select one of the 243 Chinese universities offering CSC scholarships.
- Jiangsu Government Scholarship–The scholarship will award you the full cost of tuition, registration, lab experiment, internships, accommodation, and medical insurance.
- Guanxi Government Scholarship for ASEAN Students– This scholarship was established by the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in 2010 to fund international students from ASEAN countries. The scholarship of Guanxi’s helps in bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree programs.
Non-government funded scholarships
- Confuncius Institutue Scholarship– Here, they offer 7 types of scholarship from the Confucius headquarters to international students between the ages of 16 and 35. Also, there are options available for undergraduate and postgraduate students and the scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation fees and offers a monthly living allowance.
- British Council China Scholarship– The British Council in China is offering seven scholarships for UK students currently enrolled at a UK institution, it also covers tuition fees, accommodation and a monthly living allowance.
Top Institutions in China (Study in China for all International Students)
Language requirements for a Chinese university application
Note: If you want to apply for an English-taught degree programs, accepted language tests are
- TOEFL iBT
- IELTS Academic
Then, for a Chinese-taught programme, HSK tests are accepted as follows:
- HSK Elementary – for Science, Engineering and Medicine degrees
- The HSK Intermediate – some degrees (such as Liberal Arts, Economics, Management and more)
Tuition fees in public, private, affordable and top rank universities
The average tuition fees in Chinese public universities range between 2,500 and 10,000 USD/academic year. These are usually offered by universities from other countries (e.g. the UK, Germany, Denmark), which have campuses in China.
Tuition fees in private universities Private universities usually have higher tuition. While most courses cost under 30,000 USD/year, for some MBA programmes you can pay over 40,000 USD/year.
Tuition fees at top-ranked universities
- Peking University – tuition between 3,760 and 27,200 USD/year
- Tsinghua University – tuition between 3,470 and 34,400 USD/year
- Fudan University – tuition between 3,325 and 10,850 USD/year
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University – tuition between 3,600 and 23,600 USD/year
Most affordable Chinese universitiesBelow are affordable tuition fees:
- Ningbo University – tuition between 2,600 and 4,700 USD/year
- Northwestern Polytechnical University – tuition between 2,900 and 4,350 USD/year
- Liaoning University of Technology – tuition between 2,200 and 3,760 USD/year
- Beijing Normal University – tuition between 3,470 and 4,670 USD/year
Things to know about these Chinese Scholarship (Study in China for all International Students)
- Apply to at least three universities and you will improve your chances of being admitted.
- See if your qualifications meet those required by the university.
- Don’t be in a haste, take some time to choose what to study degree you should apply. You should take the time to do enough research and carefully read all the information.
- Admission is based on high scores of your previous school.
- China has set a limit for scholars age when applying: most universities don’t accept students over 30 for a Bachelor’s degree and over 40 for a Master’s degree and PhD.
- Check out the scholarship opportunities in China.
Steps to apply for the Chinese Scholarship
- The application will be done Online.
- Apply through CUCAS – an online self-application platform that allows you to apply for any Chinese university.
- Alternatively through CUAC – you can apply for a Chinese university, but this website is also an online advisor and professional guide, helping you make the right decision regarding your studies in China.
- You can submit your applications with the help of your friends who are already studying at the same Chinese university where you want to apply.