studying in korea has brought great achievements (south korea undergraduate scholarships) to all scholars across the world and has also provided more opportunities for the scholars as well to fit into various jobs out there that the world has to offer, therefore one could ask, what kid of scholarship offers this wonderful opportunity; this is a south korea undergraduate scholarship which is open for all.
More origin about South Korean Undergraduate Scholarships
Firstly, South Korea is a country with a dynamic embodiment of Asian cultures, involving fast-moving education system and technology. Once you got the Korean scholarship, you can work part-time together with studies.
Korean scholarship attract students from all over the world to live and study, also as a student in South Korea, you have to spend probably 2 to 6 years there.
Korean government scholarship is awarded for undergraduate, masters, and Ph.D. students. Therefore, Korea is one of the favorite hotspots for international students to pursue their academic goals.
Korea has many popular and excellent universities that offer scholarships for international students in Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. programs.
Also, students will have plenty of time to know about Korean culture and traditions. South Koreans value their tradition most therefore you must follow their principle and manners to abide to their culture.
However, let us consider the accommodation options for the scholarship; in South korea accommodation and living cost, living in a university hostel is the most acceptable option.
The living cost is between $300 and $1400 but on basis of Private accommodation might cost up to $18000. Living in other regions is quite affordable.
However, you should know that the Korean scholarship is available every year and therefore the application dates may change as well.
Students can easily get to check for Korean scholarship official website so as to get accurate information on the dates. The application dates of each Korean scholarship might be slightly changed.
This article will give a rundown of top Korean Scholarship with their descriptions, general information, and application dates.
Why study in South Korea?
Do you get excited on the South Korea scholarship? If yes, then this article is for you and South Korea scholarships is for all international students.
Therefore, the South Korean government pleases international students from all around the globe to take up scholarship and increase their knowledge worldwide.
These scholarships are available for bachelors, masters, and doctoral programs. Most of the South Korean scholarships are fully funded.
Today, the capital city of South Korea, Seoul ranks among the top 10 cities of the students in the world. South Korea is meeting the growing educational demands and assisting the students to pursue their dreams.
Also, South Korea government has decided to increase the opportunities for international students by the year 2023. The country is also very good in research and education.
Moreover, South Korea is called the ‘Asian Tiger’ as it ranks among largest country in the economy in the world. They are rich in tourism, education, and technology, South Korea is a developing powerhouse in Asia.
Finally, they help international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at educational institutions.
Undergraduate students: Principles to follow
Firstly, it will be nice to know that Undergraduates have the opportunity to take 4-year courses at available Korean Universities.
All students must know that that Student exchange is not allowed in the middle of the study program therefore, they should take full course in the Korean institution.
There are up to 220 undergraduate students each year, University Track supports 60 international students from 72 countries to study Bachelor’s in Engineering or Natural Science.
Requirements for undergraduate students
- Under 25 years of age.
- Students Should have or already completed or scheduled to complete formal education of elementary, middle, and high school courses before the date of arrival to Korea.
Graduate students: Principles to follow
The korean government gives an accurate reasons and more support strategies for all scholars especially graduates in taking up their courses.
The graduate program offers funding opportunities for students who want to take Master’s or Ph.D. courses in Korean universities.
Therefore, the program funds 1278 international students from 154 countries, including “overseas Koreans,” who has Korean citizenship.
Yes, for koreans who have korean citizenship before and have another country’s citizenship when applying for the present scholarship.
Requirements for the graduate students
- Under 40 years of age.
- Should have completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree before the date of arrival to Korea.
Note: students that gets funding from other programs for academic program are not eligible for this scholarship benefits.
Attitude skills towards achieving the Scholarship
- Good English language skills- written and oral.
- Good ability to cooperate with others in a multicultural environment.
- A complete background in the area(s) of research.
- Good programming skills.
- Good ability for highly motivated independent research.
South korea Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits
- Tuition Fees Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency.
- It will cover actual airfare
- Korean government scholarship will provide resettlement allowance of KRW 200,000.
- Living Allowance of KRW 20,000.
- Medical insurance KRW 20,000 (per month)
- Language Courses KRW 800,000 per quarter
- Research Support KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) KRW 500,000 -800,000.
- Completion Grant KRW 100,000 (Once application).
Documents Required for South korea Undergraduate Scholarships
The below documents will be required for a South Korean undergraduate scholarships:
- Highest Degrees.
- Highest transcripts.
- Recommendation letters.
- Personal statement for the master’s degree program.
- Study plan.
- Research proposal for Ph. D. degree program.
- Motivation letter for undergraduate program.
- Suitable requirements for all
- Students and their family members should have citizenship other than Korean.
- Stability of mind: here students should be in a proper mentally and physically awareness to live in a foreign country.
- Students should have a good GPA (i.e) above 80%-90% from their previous educational institution.
General Requirements for South korea Undergraduate Scholarships
- Candidate parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- They (applicants) must have an adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country.
- On undergraduate studies, candidates Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance.
- Under Graduate studies, candidates Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance.
- Candidate should be finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Then for graduate, candidate should Possess a high or above average (G.P.A.) of 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Candidate must have either a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival.
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- As a former or current KGSP scholar, you should holds the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university.
- A special body like (NIIED) invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to reach out to qualifying candidates.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence.
- Finally, the NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Therefore, you must know that the application deadline varies with the degree program and it is set by the Korean embassy in the respective country.
Therefore, in order to know the application date and last date of application you should consult the Korean embassy in your country.
Also, You can visit the official link of the Korean government scholarship for online application…