We are an online Publishing company that provides information about Governmental and Non-Governmental assistance benefits (Sponsorship Programs on Scholarship, Jobs and Immigration Gateways), Insurance, Finance, Real Estate and Entrepreneur... USA , Canada , UK, Australia and The Worldwide For International Opportunities Programs.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LexS) 2022-2023: The Fully Funded Leiden University Scholarship
When it comes to studies in Netherland, do not forget the Leiden university excellence scholarship available for all international scholars across the globe. If you are a graduate looking for more upgrade after your university or first degree then seek for the Leiden university scholarship which offers you a master’s degree program in a well research study university and environment where scholars are allowed to develop their potentials. There are more to learn and practice at the university, and on that note this article will give details about the scholarship and its benefits to scholars.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is currently open, the scholarship is for excellent students joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree programme.
(LExS) is offering Scholarships for all Master’s Degree courses in MA, MSc and LL.M programmes, the University has over 6,700 staff members and 28,130 students.
The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available, this scholarship provides average amount of € 15,000 annually.
The Scholarship Details (Leiden University Excellence Scholarship)
Level of Study:
Programs are in the following Faculties: Humanities, Archaeology, Medicine/LUMC, Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Governance and Global Affairs, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
The maximum study period for a 1-year program is 12 months. The maximum study period for a 2-year program is 24 months.
1 Feb for programmes starting 1 Sept / 1 Oct for programmes starting 1 Feb
Overview of the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
Leiden University was founded in 1575, and the motto of the University is ‘Praesidium Libertatis’ – Bastion of Freedom.
Pursue your studies in Netherlands at the Leiden University for those who wish to commence a Master’s degree program except LLM advance level.
Leiden university excellence scholarship offers a great opportunity for those excellent applicants, its benefits and step by step application process.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) are fully funded and awarded to bright students also given to the non- EEA/ non- EFTA candidates.
The scholarships will be available for the September and February sessions of each academic year, Scholarship awards are not fixed they will vary based on department funds.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024 is a tuition fee masters scholarship and is one of Europe’s leading international research universities.
The award which is available for Master’s degree study is now open for applications for the 2022-2023 academic session.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) has seven faculties in the sciences, arts and social sciences, spread over locations in Leiden.
This scholarship is for students joining the University Master’s degree programme with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programmes at Leiden Law School.
The scholarship is for all who want to pursue LLM at advance Level, students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the Rules and Regulations.
Acceptable international students to pursue masters degree at Leiden University will write their motivation letter and fill the online application form.
Fields of study
- Global Affairs
- LLM Advanced studies program or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy
- Social and Behavioral Science
- African studies center
- International Institute for Asian studies
- Inter faculties Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding.
Required Documents (Leiden University Excellence Scholarship)
- Agreement letter
- Motivation letter about 500 words in PDF format. Then write why you should be considered for the scholarship.
Scholarship Benefit or Coverage
Note: Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LexS) provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee.
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee.
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee.
Eligibility Criteria (Leiden University Excellence Scholarship)
To be eligible for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS), applicants are expected to meet the following eligible requirements:
- Applicants for all Master’s programme at Leiden University – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programmes at Leiden Law School.
- Non-EEA/non-EFTA nationals who are applying for a Master’s programme at Leiden University. See additional note for UK students below.
- Students of all nationalities applying for an LLM Advanced Studies programme, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying.
- Eligible Programmes: The following faculties are eligible for the study scholarship: Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
Application Deadline: 1 Oct (for programmes starting 1 Feb).
- The faculty selection committees will nominate LExS recipients and inform the Scholarships Team, up to 6 weeks after the LExS deadline.
- The Scholarships Team will notify all LExS applicants of the decisions:
– At the end of November – for the February intake.
– At the end of April – for the September intake.
How to Apply for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
Applicants should follow below instructions for the avail the-Leiden University Excellence Scholarship:
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s program at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a Word doc of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study program and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
For more clarity on the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS), students can visit official website for more applications: