The German post graduate scholarship for scholars and special candidate for 2022-2023 is one of the best training platform for promoting the specialist from development and industrialized areas especially through the DAAD German Government Scholarship.
Therefore, the Daad scholarship is a scholarship for students who wants to pursue masters or PhD at the top German Universities.
This training will accommodate international scholars with a special outreach to them, this will form an important part in the sustainable development of their countries.
Another good benefit of this DAAD program is that it guarantee a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Universities: Germany Universities
- Country for the program: Developing Countries
- Courses Offered:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- Program Period: it varies, However it can be between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Also we consider the study program for this but is advisable to submit every necessary materials before deadline.
- Degree Level: DAAD Germany Development-Related Postgraduate Courses Scholarship 2021-22 (Fully Funded) is available to undertake Masters level programs at Germany Universities.
- Duration of the funding: 12 to 42 months depending on study programme.
More about the DAAD Post Graduate Study Programs
The DAAD post graduate program just like the aforemention statement above, they offer special training via their experts to specialist from developing countries.
The training programs offers the candidates professional experience to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state-recognised German university.
Therefore, with this program under a two years training experience, there will be emergence of graduates from developing countries from all disciplines.
However, this graduates will make a good development in their various countries. Local experts, who are networked with international partners can as well make a new change in their countries.
Why most people like to Study in Germany?
This is a frequent question people ask? well no doubt Germany is a well developed country with lots of benefits. They are also among the best in the educational sector. However, lets read more below to see reasons why people would like to study in Germany even in next 100 years to come.
1. Quality of life (DAAD German Government Scholarship)
Firstly, any international student that has the opportunity to travel to Germany will never forget the good experience there.
The best quality to life; there are sweet and good cities such as Berlin, Munich and Hamburg are centers of culture, art and music.
Furthermore, it seems like what ever your interest is already lies there like sports, politics, history or art, Estate mgt, Racing etc.
In addition to that, scholars will get to enjoy architecture, medieval castles and parks and at night enjoy the great life in the main cities.
Yes, there is so much to see and do, no doubt it is just for real, this is a cool place to be a curious international student.
Considering the economy and infrastructure, it has a reliable, safe and fast public transport, which means that moving is very easy.
2. The best of institutions
Germany is not only impressive, it is a country that has some of the best ranked universities in Western Europe and still counting.
In 2015, the Times Higher Rankings placed LMU Munich in 29th position in the world, Heidelberg University in 37th place and Humboldt University of Berlin in 49.
However, Germany is the most popular non-English-speaking study destination in the world for scholars but you will take a training for the language.
Finally, Germany funds research projects every year, which allows students to carry out their own individual projects or research.
3. There is no tuition fees
This is one of the good benefits you stand to gain as an international student, low tuition or no tuition fees via the scholarship platforms.
So, if you are thinking of spending so much money there or thinking what ti do to pay your fees, then worry no more.
Therefore, as an international student, you don’t have to pay fees or tuition fees, because in Germany the registrations are free of charge.
Most times, at the end of your undergraduate studies at a German university you can be chosen to pursue a postgraduate degree.
4. Job Opportunities
Let’s not forget what the job might do for you as a student and also a scholar in Germany. There are jobs for students available even as they study, you can get a work permit for that.
Do you know that Universities also have excellent links with companies there? this gives them an advantage in search for internships or placement.
In 2014, the German Academic Exchange Service reported that about 50% of international students stayed back after graduation, owing for the reason to work in the country.
The duration of stay for international students is 18 months in Germany to look for a job, a good time compared to many other European countries.
5. International environment
Germany is in no doubt a place for good study with good training environment, and an enabling are for research and project work.
Previous year shows 300,000+ international students studied in the nation and that amount is expected to increase even more.
Also, the country sits at heart of Western Europe that allows easy access and travel to other countries in the area, where you can discover new cultures.
Benefits of DAAD Scholarship (DAAD German Government Scholarship)
Lots of benefits to gain through the DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD.
- Year study: One-off study allowance.
- Tuition: payment varies depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Allowance: Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Insurance: Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- For international scholars, the language of instruction is English. scholars must have to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- Candidates should have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Also, Candidates can prove their motivation to take on social responsibility and start up processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship
- A signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific course.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date.
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Signed DAAD application form with current date : https://www.daad.de/medien/deutschland/stipendien/formulare/forschungsstipendium_en.pdf
- Proof of Language Proficiency test:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL
- German – courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, showing grades ( translation if necessary)
- Applicants from Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Note: Visit the officail website for more updates, however Some courses may require additional documents, then you should try to get it ready.
Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship (DAAD German Government Scholarship)
- Firstly, choose suitable courses of your interest. (limit: for maximum three courses).Apply to universities offering that course.
- Send your complete application(s) (with above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed after that through Email.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
Also, scholarship holders may receive the following benefits as well:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
- Candidates fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany.
- All Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject.
- Finally, candidates should have at least two years’ professional experience.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2022?
Finally, to apply for DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD in Germany please follow the following step by step application procedure:
Application official website:Varies with country of students.