Is 2020 UN Young professional Programme jobs out ? Yes, All Graduates are invited for application to Apply for United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2020 jobs. Procedures to apply can be found below.
The United Nations (UN) is an international company founded in 1945. It’s miles presently made of 193 Member States. The task and work of the United nations are guided by way of the functions and ideas contained in its founding charter. UN image United international locations Headquarters in ny city. Because of the powers vested in its constitution and its specific intern…
What’s the United Nations (NU) young professionals Programme?
The young professional Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative for gifted, exceptionally qualified professionals to begin a career as an worldwide civil servant with the United nations Secretariat. It includes an front examination and expert improvement programmes once a success applicants start their profession with the UN.
Who can Apply?
The YPP exam is held as soon as a year and is open to nationals of countries collaborating within the annual recruitment exercise. The listing of taking part nations is published yearly and varies from 12 months.
Basic Aplication criteria:
- You must have the nationality of a collaborating country
- You must preserve at least a first-degree University Degree applicable for the exam Subjects you are making use for.
- You should be 32 or more youthful in the yr of the exam.
- You must be fluent in both English or French.
- You must be fluent in either English or French.
Each 12 months, countries which might be un- or below-represented inside the United nations, are invited to participate in the younger professional Programme. Click Here
This examination is also held for group of workers contributors of the United nations Secretariat who paintings in the standard carrier and different associated categories and aspire to a profession within the professional and better categories. For extra statistics about personnel contributors participating within the young professional programme, clickhere.
Important notice: never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificate, clinical testing, interview, paintings package or some other component).
|Job Qualification||BA/BSc/HND , OND|
|Job Fields||Graduate jobs|
Depending at the staffing desires of the United nations, applicants are invited to apply for one of a kind exam subjects. Descriptions of responsibilities, predicted abilties and schooling necessities fluctuate relying on the region.
Step 1: confirm your eligibility
Carefully review fundamental software standards on the YPP domestic page.use the Link below: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=GP&lang=en-US
Step 2: review the process job opening
Examine the job opening for the exam concern you are interested in and make certain you fulfil the requirements. The list of job openings may be located at the YPP Home page. Use the Link below: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=GP&lang=en-US
Step 3: Prepare an application
Apply to the chosen task starting via .https://inspira.un.org/psp/PUNA1J/cmd=login&errorPg=ckreq&languageCd=ENG.
Extra guidelines on developing applications are available through clicking at the “Manuals and help’’ link located within the higher right-hand corner of the web site whilst you log in to https://inspira.un.org.
Important Practical Information
- Screening questions: Make certain you carefully read via the screening questions. They may be meant to confirm the eligibility of candidates. In case you can not answer all screening questions affirmatively you may not be eligible to participate within the YPP.
- Nationality: in the area marked “united states of america of Nationality”, enter the taking part country beneath that you want to be considered for the examination. Please observe that the fields “Nationality at beginning” and “different Nationalities” will now not be considered inside the eligibility screening.
- Education: it would appear that your acquired training does not correspond to any of the given alternatives. If your exact schooling is not indexed in the drop-down menu, please choose the nearest applicable option and give an explanation for discrepancies below “additional comments.” only if you locate no in shape at all, you may chose “different” in those fields. The “Specialization” area will now not be considered inside the screening process.
- Work experience: wherein extra than 40 applicants of the equal nationality practice for the YPP, applicable paintings revel in could be used to rank candidates. Please be precise and succinct approximately your work experience. To view an example, copy the link https://careers.un.org/lbw/attachments/Sample%20work%20experience.pdf to ur browser
- Languages: You have to be fluent in all four areas (talk, study, write, understand) in English or French. Indicating whatever much less than “Fluent” in any of the four areas will render you unqualified.
Step 4: Application evaluation
- Your application could be screened to decide in case you are eligible for the exam within the exam problem you applied for. If extra than 40 applicants from the identical us of a apply for the equal exam vicinity, those applicants can be further screened and ranked by way of a Human sources Officer according to points given for the subsequent additional qualifications: maximum stage of schooling finished, understanding of reputable UN languages, and applicable paintings revel in. Please be conscious that many ability applicants do not pass the screening degree because of incomplete or misguided programs.
- In case your utility became successful, you may be informed which you are convoked to the examination. If determined that you aren’t eligible to use or if your software turned into unsuccessful, you’ll be knowledgeable that you have not been convoked to the examination.
The exam system includes a written and an oral stage (interview). The written examination includes several elements, which can be defined under.
- The written examination consists of a popular Paper and a specialized Paper. Each exam may additionally vary in regard to the query layout, range of questions, duration of exam, and so on.:
- The general Paper, which is the same for all YPP examinations which can be scheduled on the identical date, assesses essential talents had to paintings in a complicated worldwide organisation just like the United nations. Those may additionally consist of drafting/written communique abilties and the UN’s center values of Integrity and admire for range. This part of the examination must be written in either English or French.
- The specialised Paper, which is special for each examination, exams noticeable information of the difficulty relevant to the examination you have applied for. This part of the written examination is available in each English and French and can be responded in any of the six reputable UN languages. The specialized Paper often includes major elements.
- Part I: more than one choice Questions (MCQs)
- ComponentI consists of MCQs applicable to the examination location you’ve got carried out for. The range of questions may also range primarily based on the examination area.
Part II: constructed response items
- Part II includes open-ended questions, a number of so one can be mandatory. The quantity of questions may additionally range based totally at the exam area. As an instance, you’ll be anticipated to write a long reaction (e.G., 500 words) to one query and shorter responses to the relaxation of the objects (anywhere from two to ten shorter objects).
Written examination administration:
- The written exam is run on-line and may be carried out in both one or two tiers. If the exam is separated into tiers, simplest the ones a hit within the first part of the written examination can be invited to participate within the 2d stage (challenge to the screening of top forty applicants from each us of a, as defined inside the application technique web page).
In addition info at the dates, times, and structure of the written exam will be furnished for convoked candidates. Prior to finalizing the outcomes of the written exam, candidates can be difficulty to similarly verification, through a quick evaluation conducted in a proctored way online.
- Oral exam
In case you are a success in the written exam, you will be invited to participate within the oral examination which consists of a competency-based video-conference interview. Every candidate might be interviewed by using a panel inclusive of participants of the specialised examination Board. You may locate greater information on competency based interviews here.
- A success applicants can be individually informed that they have exceeded the YPP exam. All applicants will be informed via the important Updates page that the exam procedure has been concluded. Please be aware that the time of notification may additionally range for every examination challenge, depending at the range of examinees.
- To higher put together yourself for the YPP exam, you can want to visit this page on a normal basis, as we are able to keep to offer updates applicable to the cutting-edge examination regions. Right here you’ll discover records such as pattern assessments, counseled analyzing lists, and greater info on the examination layout specific to the examination for that you have applied.
2020 YPP examination evaluation
2020 YPP Brochure
Warning concerning for-earnings companies
- The United international locations has been made aware that for-income companies had been selling services associated with the United international locations younger professionals Programme (YPP), such as utility assessment and training for the YPP examinations and interviews. Some businesses claim to provide get entry to to UN internal records. Please be aware that the United countries isn’t collaborating or partnering with any groups offering YPP-associated offerings of any type. Any services or programmes bought with the aid of such organizations aren’t supported or advocated by means of the United countries.
- The United international locations does now not price any costs at any level of the YPP utility, examination and assessment procedure.
- Folks who are successful in the YPP exam technique could be positioned on a roster used to fill suitable vacancies. Applicants can be selected from the roster as relevant vacancies grow to be to be had across the UN Secretariat. The roster is valid, and used to fill positions, for a period of 3 years. It’s far crucial to remember that placement at the roster does not assure a proposal of employment.
Kind of contract offered
- Applicants who are decided on from the roster will be offered a two-12 months fixed term contract on the start of their expert career with the Secretariat. After years and problem to exceptional overall performance, they may be granted a persevering with contract.
Level and location of first placement
- YPP are at a P-1 or P-2 level. Successful candidates holding a bachelor’s degree and no work enjoy can be presented placement at the P-1 degree. A success applicants retaining a bachelor’s degree and two years of work experience, or a grasp’s degree and no paintings experience, could be offered placement on the P-2 degree. YPP-positioned team of workers are anticipated to serve for a minimum of years in that position earlier than being taken into consideration for appointment to some other position.
- Positions may grow to be available at various UN Secretariat offices, inclusive of, but now not limited to: Addis Ababa, Bangkok, Beirut, Geneva, Nairobi, big apple, Santiago, Vienna. Successful candidates must be willing to be placed in a function at any UN obligation station or subject operation.
Controlled Reassignment Programme
- As soon as a year, junior professionals with no less than 2 years in their first feature can be invited to take part in a controlled Reassignment program (MRP). They are invited to select different positions of hobby to them so they may be reassigned to any other function, normally in a distinct branch and duty station. The objective of this programme is to provide group of workers with new possibilities to diversify and broaden their career, to collect new abilities and to consolidate a stable foundation for his or her profession development. It need to be stated that group of workers are chargeable for choosing as many positions as possible if you want to maximise their possibilities of reassignment. Folks who are not a hit can be required to participate within the following MRP.
How to Apply for United Nations Young Professionals Programme.
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations on careers.un.org to apply