We are an online Publishing company that provides information about Governmental and Non-Governmental assistance benefits (Sponsorship Programs on Scholarship, Jobs and Immigration Gateways), Insurance, Finance, Real Estate and Entrepreneur... USA , Canada , UK, Australia and The Worldwide For International Opportunities Programs.
Apply for Canadian Family Visa: Canada Spouse/Dependent, Family Visa Requirements
As a family member or a member of a family, you have the complete opportunity to request for a family visa especially if your spouse or children is residing in the country of choice as either a permanent citizen, therefore to apply for a Canadian family visa is very easy but that is of course if you follow the right procedure and submit the right documents as well. This article will go further by giving out the best if information that will help you out as you embark on the quest to secure a family Canada visa.
Are you a citizen or permanent resident or work permit holder in Canada requesting to bring your dependents to Canada?
Living together with your family facilitate families growth and oneness together, the Government of Canada allows eligible residents above the age of 18 to sponsor dependent spouses, children, parents, partners, and grandparents to live with them in Canada.
Most importantly, your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. Furthermore, you can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
- Canadian citizen or
- person registered in Canada as a full citizen
- permanent resident of Canada
How Long With The Sponsorship Application Process Take?
What If My Sponsorship Application is Refused? (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)
Who You Can Sponsor
You can only sponsor the set of people below:
- Spouse – Outside, Inland, Same-Sex
- Common Law partner – (restrictions apply)
- Conjugal partner – (restrictions apply)
- Dependent children
- Parents – (Additional conditions apply)
- Grandparents – (Additional conditions apply)
- Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
- Another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions
- Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).
The documentation require for sponsoring a dependent under the Canada Dependent Visa includes:
- Passport & travel history
- Background documentation
- Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate
- Other proof of relationship
- Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances
- Completed application & consulate fees
Canada Family Sponsorship show-line (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)
If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, age 18 or over, you can sponsor certain family members to become Canadian permanent residents.
If you become a permanent resident, you can live, study and work in Canada. Therefore, if you get to sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives.
Once the IRCC has received your PR immigration application, you will receive an Acknowledgment of Receipt also known as an AOR.
This AOR is a confirmation that your application file has been created. You may also be referred to an “AOR date” which is the date from when your 6 months intended processing time begins.
Requirements for a Sponsor
Now for the requirement purpose, there are things you must carry out as a sponsor…In addition to being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, the sponsor must also fulfill a few other requirements in order to be eligible.
The sponsor must:
- Prove that they will be able to financially support their family member and any dependent, if necessary
- Enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada or Quebec, as well as the sponsored relative, where the sponsor will agree to support the family member for a certain amount of time. The sponsored relative must make an effort to support themselves, as well.
- Either reside in Canada prove their intention to live in Canada when the sponsor relative arrives in Canada
- Be at least 18 years old
- Not be incarcerated or charged with a serious offence
- Also, Not be bankrupt
- Not be under a removal order if a Permanent Resident
Restrictions for (Apply for Canadian Family Visa)
You may be unable to sponsor your parents or family if….
- You did not abide by the financial support conditions for another relative you sponsored in the past.
- You have ever defaulted on a court support order, such as a child support order.
- Have ever received benefits/financial support from the Canadian government (except support for a disability)
- Have ever been convicted of a violent or sexual offence, or any offence against a relative.
- Have ever miss payments, make late payments, or default on an immigration loan.
- You are currently in prison.
- You are currently map out as bankrupt.
NOTE: If you are sponsoring for your kids, then you must meet up or follow up the following instructions below…
For a child visa sponsor, below are eligibility steps
Eligibility conditions for child visa
- Firstly, the sponsor must submit proof of his relationship with the dependent children.
- The children who are being sponsor must undergo a medical examination and also submit proof that they have no criminal cases pending against them.
- Yes, the child must be under 22 years who does not have a spouse, or a common law or conjugal partner.
- The dependent child must be the biological child or the adopted child of the sponsor.
- The child must prove he is dependent on the sponsor/parent for his financial needs.
- Dependent children who are not able to support themselves due to a physical or mental condition have no age limit for seeking sponsorship.
- Finally, the medical examination must be done by a physician who is approved by the Canadian government.