Let us consider the study in Canada for all International scholars, this is just a dream job for most scholars because they really want to study abroad and also in a country that is always steady to support international students academically. Therefore, study in Canada is just a trend line for all to gain the best of know;ledge, make good researches and in turn share out knowledge for their respective country development.
Do you want to study in Canada? There are range of courses available, certificate programs, visa permit guidelines, study reasons, scholarships, documents and steps for application.
Therefore, Canada is an increasingly popular option for students who seek and require a less expensive alternative to studying internationally.
Also, Canadian universities are providing equally good quality degrees as those in the US, often at a more affordable cost.
In this article you will learn a lot of things and also see good reasons why students always mark their study destination as Canada.
Why study in Canada?
There are a lot of reasons why you should study in Canada, it is the second largest country in the world by land mass, only behind Russia.
The country’s population density is about 4 inhabitants per square kilometer compared to India, with a whopping 416/km².
Therefore, when you consider the education part, Canada has 96 universities across its urban and regional areas, most of which are very affordable international students.
Canada is a good country for students to study wit low fees with states like Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia been largest beneficiaries of foreign students.
The number of students holding Canadian study permits is nearly 500,000. Countries like India, China, and Korea contribute to a major part of this population.
One special thing to know about Canada is that there are two national languages: English in most of the western side and French in the eastern province of Quebec.
This will however help to broaden each student horizons in the educational sector for those that are interested in either an ESL or FSL student.
The Canadian people are known to be a very friendly and they have constant development of social systems and technology. This in turn makes it very accommodating to the open-minded nature of students studying abroad.
There is a lot of benefits and incentives to study in Canada as an international student and this can make the students to grab more with good equipment available.
Top Scholarships for International Students to apply for Studies in Canada
- University Entrance Scholarship at Concordia University of Edmonton, Canada, 2021
- International Undergraduate Student Bursary at the University of Alberta in Canada, 2021
- David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards in Canada
- Ubakata Fund for Japanese Students at the University of Toronto in Canada, 2021
- President’s funding for World Leaders for International Students in Canada, 2021
- VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships at York University in Canada
- merit awards for International Students at CEGEP in Canada
- ESL Graduate Bursary for International Students at University of Saskatchewan, 2021
- General Bursary Program at the University of British Columbia in Canada, 2021
- TSoM Love Canada Diploma Scholarships for International Students in Canada, 2021
Top university Ranking in Canada
We all know Canada as a good destination for studies, also Canadian popular provinces for international students are Ontario, British Columbia and Quebec.
The universities in these regions also ranks high when considered among the top universities in Canada and probably in the world.
According to QS Best Student Cities 2018, Montréal is the 4th best student city in the world, with Toronto at 13th and Vancouver at 17th. Do you now see how good the cities with universities in Canada can be?
Therefore, a total of 26 universities in Canada feature in the QS World University Rankings® 2019, of which three are in the world’s top 50.
The two highest Canadian entries are the University of Toronto (28th) and McGill University (33rd), located in Toronto and Montréal respectively.
Finally, in the year (2021) QS World University Rankings places 26 out of Canada’s 96 universities on the list and this is just amazing.
Universities in Canada (Study in Canada)
They are listed randomly and not on the purpose of top university or the best university.
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia
University of Montreal
University of Alberta
University of Ottawa
Simon Fraser University
University of Calgary
University of Waterloo
University of Ottawa
University of Victoria.
Can I Work While Studying in Canada?
The answer is affirmative, international students have the right to work while they study in Canada. This helps offset the cost of tuition and living expenses.
International students in Canada can work part-time for up to 20 hours per week during school terms. During summer vacation international students may work full-time.
Most students don’t need a work permit to work while they study, whether their job is on campus or off campus. Your study permit will state whether you’re allowed to work off campus.
Can I Bring My Family With Me While I Study?
This is a good question and so International students who have kids may wish to bring their family with them. Therefore, Canadian visa officers will consider study permit applications which include accompanying family members.
If your family does accompany you, your spouse will be eligible for an open work permit, authorizing them to work full-time.
Most importantly, If you are approved as a family, your spouse will be able to work full time while in Canada.
How Much Does it Cost to Study in Canada?
This is another good question very international scholar will love to know; Canadian tuition fees are generally lower than those in Australia, the U.S. and the U.K.
In the 2018/2019 school year, the average annual tuition for an undergraduate international student in Canada was $27,159 CAD. The average tuition for the same year spent at an American university can be compared at $45,950 USD.
I believe you can see the difference from the above statement on the countries tuition fees.
Reasons why International Students Study in Canada?
Below are the main reasons why international students would always chose Canada as a place to study…
- Ultimate quality education: Canada is a better study location as compared to the USA, Canada ensures that its students receive a quality education at affordable prices. The cost of studying in Canada is relatively lower and the scholarship opportunities are always available.
- Easy visa policy: Canada welcomes the international student population with open arms. The immigration-friendly policies and multi-cultural cities make it easier for students to live abroad.
- many job opportunities: considering natives and immigrants: The job sector in Canada for each and every kind of work profile offers both natives and immigrants scholars.
- Decline on international acceptance rates in the US: The acceptance rate of US F1 visa has seen a decline which opens doors for Canada as the next popular study destination.
- Canada’s International Education Strategy: The purpose is to promote global ties and diversify the education sector.
There is no doubt that Canadian universities see a large part of incoming foreign students in the future due to little changes surrounding visa approval in the US.
Canada Student Visa (Study in Canada)
International students must obtain a study permit to study in Canada for a duration of more than 6 months. A student visa in Canada will determine your study permit applications.
When should you apply for the study permit?
This is something every international student should always consider, therefore they should Plan when deciding to study abroad.
Also, candidates that really wants to study in Canada are advised to apply for their study permit (4 to 6 months) right from beginning of their classes.
Documents for the student permit? (Study in Canada)
- A letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution (DLI) is mandatory for applying for a student visa.
- Valid passport or travel document.
- Identity proof, authorized by the resident’s government.
- A financial statement in support of the candidate’s eligibility to meet living costs and fees is also required.
- Medical information.
- A letter defining your statement of purpose to study in Canada.
Online and offline: Application for Canada Student Permit can be made online and offline via:
- Government of Canada Key, log in at GCKey
- Visit the nearest VAC (Visa Application Centre) or apply at the entry.
Hint: You can restore your status as a student if you are planning to extend your stay in Canada by renewing the study permit.